What is the role of a wedding planner?
As a professional wedding planner, Pretty in Stains is your personal consultant and has a wide focus on every detail of your wedding. We are with you from the initial planning stages to the wedding day itself and wrapping things up after the wedding. The wedding planner works exclusively for you and has your best interests at heart.
Before the wedding:
- Determining your needs and how you envision your dream day
- Conceptualising and developing of the wedding
- Sourcing reliable and suitable suppliers (and constantly keeping track of them)
– Venue, photographer, videographer, floral designer, hiring of décor (furniture, chairs, décor pieces, lighting, table cloths etc.), DJ, entertainment, caterer, staffing, beverage requirements, stationery, marriage officer, shuttle services, accommodation, wedding cake etc.
- Budget proposal and management
- Reviewing of supplier contracts
- Liaising with contracted suppliers throughout the planning process
- Venue on-sites and working together with the venue manager in terms of catering, beverages, staffing
- Creating a function sheet (itinerary) and sending this to all contracted suppliers involved
- Creating your function sheet which includes:
– Contact details of all suppliers
– Set-up & breakdown outlines
– Wedding proceedings timeline
– Floorplan & seating arrangements (very important if your guests R.S.V.P.’d with their meal choices)
- Overseeing and management of wedding set up (including personalised details and décor)
- Management of all suppliers ensuring quality of services and goods
- Management of timeline (guests arrival, ceremony, transition to pre-drinks, grand entrance, food service, speeches, formalities, dancing).
- Prompting of MC and suppliers
- Troubleshooting any unforeseen issues that may arise
- Overseeing and management of the breakdown (if required)
- Finalising invoices with suppliers should overtime occur
- Wrapping up with suppliers in terms of refundable deposits owing to the clients.
What is the role of a venue manager?
A venue manager/coordinator works for the venue, is a point-of-contact between the venue and the client and essentially only manages venue-related services. It is often presumed that the venue manager assists with décor set-up, third-party supplier liaising and managing your timeline however, this is not part of their responsibilities.